Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Abundance

The weather has been gorgeous! This weekend I enjoyed a spontaneous trip to Astoria where I was pleasantly greeted by an abundance of flowers, veggies and fruits. Autumn is striking quick!  The colors were so magnificent I simply couldn't not take as many pictures as possible!

 First off the clouds were ridiculous.  Those rays and that contrast. None of these photos are edited; I wanted to simply enjoy the colors as they were captured and honestly nature is photography's best editor. Whenever I see the sun and the clouds playing with light in this way it gives me the giddiest feeling of all.
Walking down the street there were plenty of grocery shops and restaurants that had gorgeous greenery to enjoy. I love the lights wrapped around the trees and all the fruits and vegetables that are on display as one passes.

 Among the groceries and restaurants, a flower shop also graced the streets. The flowers were beautiful and once you see pumpkins and squash there are two immediate associations and both deal with excessively indulging food :: Halloween & Thanksgiving. I enjoy both thoroughly and love having these colors on every block to remind me of the delicious sweets and the yummy food that is soon to come.
This place was beyond awesome. The way they wrapped all those greens around the market to really give it a FALL feel, I loved it.  All the fruits and veggies and scarecrows made for a really sweet display so I had to stop and take some shots!

After walking around and enjoying the weather and the area we simply had to make a stop and buy some sweets & coffee. What I really wanted was absolutely everything, but I settled for a strawberry cheesecake that was pretty yummy. Seeing the mango mousse here is making me want to return. To top off the cheesecake a really good caramel iced coffee hit the spot perfectly.

Put on the walking shoes and just take a good stroll around; you never know what you'll find.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment