Saturday, August 11, 2012

Silent Saturday Strolls


A lazy Saturday gave way to waking up at ease and celebrating the simplicities of the weekend. Plenty was done today, errands had their way today. The original plan of action was to make way to a beach but the gloomy forecast promising clouds, showers and thunder storms unwittingly convinced us to avoid this P.O.A. - A single drop landed in my vicinity. What a joke of a forecast. Regardless once we saw the rain was a fluke, a walk in the park was deemed fit. Out of many photographs I will share in the future, I've posted some of my personal favorites.
Forest Hills is ripe with beauty, both natural and imposed. Our parks are genuine and, I feel, make the community feel like a community. Our trees and other lush greens help pepper the streets with life. It is a gigantic heart in a city with so much character. The blood that flows through Forest Hills is so culturally mixed, adding to the authenticity.
Although the colors of summer are gorgeous, I've decided (because deep down I am a hopeless romantic, and because any hopeless romantic hopelessly romanticizes black and white photography) that the following photos will be black and white.
Enjoy.
An elegant weeping willow overlooks Grand Central Parkway near the crossover to Flushing Meadow Park.
A couple of loungers having (I hope) a pleasant chat, overlooking the lake and taking in the precious view. (Beneath the chair on the right there is a small dog that caught a glance at me just as the camera clicked!)

As a hopeless romantic, I find "poetry" in many things. I found this particular photo incredibly poetic. In the simplest of ways, nothing too deep. Remember, a lazy Saturday is not for racking the brain. It was simply the kind of day to ride your bike to a grassy place, take off your shoes, and lie in the grass.

I wonder where his thoughts may have been wandering? Any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment